Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My First Post-Crohn's Travel Adventure

I was in the States this past weekend for a family event, and I realized something. My family has waaaay too many doctors. Just mention the word abscess and my mother had several queries about the C-disease. Luckily after everyone said their bit my illness wasn't the focus of the weekend.

It was also a little bit hard hearing everyone so happy that I'm better, and telling me to stay that way because I know that's not up to me. I can do my best, take my meds and the Crohn's might still progress.

The weekend was a lot of fun, although I didn't end up getting much sleep due to sharing a bed with my little sister who tosses and turns.

My flight was fairly short, and I made sure to use the washroom beforehand so I didn't have any issues on the tiny commuter plane with only one washroom. I brought a couple of extra days of my meds, and some Immodium just in case. I had a little bit of an issue with greasy food, but I suppose that's my own fault for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment