Saturday, February 27, 2010

Motivational Issues

Lately I've been having an awful time keeping myself motivated.

I missed all of my first term exams, and had them deferred to reading week and the week and the weeks after . . . aka now. So what I should be doing is reading textbooks, making study notes and quizzing myself, but I would much rather be on facebook, reading other chronic illness blogs or online newspapers.

I even cleaned my room and the kitchen this morning as a form of productive procrastination.

I find that I'm so much less focused on school right now. I know it's important, and that I need to do well, but I can't seem to find the motivation to buckle down and get the work done.

I am generally a good student, and I don't want to see my marks slip on account of all this Crohn's business. But with exam after exam after exam plus this term's course work I feel like I never get a break.

Lately the pattern of my days has been go to school, stay until about 5:30 and then come home, eat dinner and study. Boring. And not much of a social life besides a couple of lunch dates.

I know this exam business will be over soon, and I can't wait!! I just wish I didn't have to spend all my time studying until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment