Sunday, February 14, 2010

Where we are now

Eight weeks out of surgery and a new abscess.

I went to the hospital at the end of January for pain. In the same spot as the first abscess. It had been going on for about a week and I couldn't ignore it anymore.

The ultrasound showed inflammation and a possible inflammatory process. The CT showed inflammation. IV antibiotics for a week, 2 iron infusions. All set to send me home halfway through but my pain isn't gone so I push to stay.

It's too early for a Crohn's flare-up, but too late for post-surgical complications. GI and Surgery keep trying to pass me off to eachother.

Reimaging MRI once the antibiotics have been done for a couple of days. An abscess developed. 1.7 x 1.3 cm this time.

Sent home with oral antibiotics and a follow up appt with surgery in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment