Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Apology

I know it's been ages since I last posted, and I don't really have an excuse. Except that I've been exhausted.

My typical summer week looks like this:

Monday - volunteer at the psycholinguistics lab, grocery shopping, sign language class
Tuesday - work, pilates
Wednesday - volunteer at the speech and language class, yoga (sometimes clubbing)
Thursday - work, swim
Friday - volunteer at the speech pathologist's

I am drained. Even though I can usually sleep in a bit on my work days I just don't have any energy.

I had bloodwork done last week (my every 3 month check-in) and I got the results today. My B12 is low . . . which is funny because I take a B-Complex supplement every day. Maybe it's a malabsorption issue? Maybe it's something ridiculously scary and sinister going on in my body.

Me and my mom brainstormed a quick plan - start taking the 1000mcg B12 vitamins that she accidentally bought (instead of 100mcg) wait a week or two, get bloodwork done again and see my doctor. If my B12 levels don't go up again, we'll probably consider shots.

Now since I'm about to fall asleep at my computer right now, I'm going to call it a night. And try to find a spot in my busy week for blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment