Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Beginning

Today was my LAST EXAM!! I am finally done with second year!! This entire year has been such a rollercoaster, ups and downs in pretty much every area of my life. This term has been especially brutal with recovering from surgery, writing all of my exams from first term and just trying to get back on my feet.

I'm moving on Monday/Tuesday, and I'm going to take this as my new beginning. All of my pain, illness, hospitalizations, prednizone side effects and depression are associated with this house. I have the chance to pack up my life, move a couple of streets away and start over. This time, with a group of amazing and supportive people.

I'm going to turn over a new leaf. Continue on with this super-positive attitude. I've gotten my summer all sorted out, with three volunteer committments, a sign language class first term and two credit courses second term. I will also be working my job 17 hours per week, and setting my own hours.

This next week is going to be super busy for me, and that's exactly how I like it. Shopping, packing, partying and moving plus a couple of meetings for work.

And I recieved a fantastic piece of news this morning, which helped me go into my exam feeling super confident. In February I applied to be a volunteer counselor at Camp Oasis, a camp for kids with Crohn's and Colitis. They emailed to set up a time for an interview!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment