Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dilemma

I'm moving soon! In just over a week actually! I love my new housemates. They're fantastic and fun and most of us are involved in the same type of things at school.

The one thing I'm struggling over is: to tell or not to tell.

Living with a group of people - especially friends is a pretty intimate experience. I could try to be nonchalant about the giant medicine box, and my about to explode daily pill box - shrug it off as vitamins? I only have minor symptoms, a little bit of pain that comes and goes, so that's not going to give me away.

The only thing I'm worried about is if I do take a turn for the worse. In that case I would want to have people around me that know what's going on. Since I am at a relatively good place now, is this really a concern?

I don't want to be a drama queen, regaling them with my medical horror story. I don't want to scare them away, or make them regret asking me to move in - which I know they probably wouldn't, but I can't help worrying about people's reactions.

I think I'm just going to wait and see. Once I'm actually living there, I'll be in a much better place to make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment